Friday, March 26, 2010

"It's a miracle that I'm still alive"



"It's a miracle that I'm still alive. My wife and I are dying at the last moment jumped off the shovel, "said pop star Peter Orloff on Tuesday to EXPRESS.
The Mercedes limousine is located on the roof, zusammengestaucht like a small car to the scrap press. It is hardly conceivable that this could come out alive is a human.
But Graf Orlock (61, "A girl forever") and his wife Linda (have 46) made it. However, with severe consequences. Overath, a resident of singers: "vertebrae, ribs, metacarpal bone and left ankle are broken. In the face I had cuts, abrasions and space. With my wife, it is even worse. "
Sunday afternoon at 15.15 clock on the B 215 at Unterstedt near Bremen. The accident happened only a few kilometers from the town of Rotenburg, where Orloff wanted to celebrate with his famous Black Sea Cossacks Choir the start of the tour. Orloff: "We were on the previous evening at the UNESCO Gala in Cologne. My wife drove, I rested and slept in the passenger seat. Suddenly I was awakened by an insane explosion. "
For yet unknown reasons, the Mercedes crashed into a bridge abutment on the left side of the road and overturned. Peter Orloff: "There was dead silence. I thought it's over. Then the blood flowed from my eyes and I heard a sign of life my wife. Somehow I was able to free myself, luckily two paramedics were there quickly. Even my wife could be salvaged from the wreck. "
The couple came to Orloff Diakoniekrankenhaus to Rotenburg. Although the pop star was seriously injured, he still thought in the accident record to his fans: "I dictated to my secretary a text for the people who were waiting at the concert for me. Of course that was crazy and could only have been the shock, because shortly after I learned how bad it is: I noticed only a few millimeters of a spinal cord injury. "
Immediately, the couple underwent surgery. Peter Orloff: "We still have time under the knife. It will take until we are correct fit. That is so sad, especially for the concert-goers ... "